1. Keep routine consistent
2. Ensure as much privacy as possible
3. Ensure adequate lighting
B. In the middle stages
1. Have bath water and supplies ready
2. Separate bathing from hair washing
3. Remember that a daily bath may not
4. Keep the bathroom as homelike as
5. Keep distractions and noise to
C. In the late stages
1. Gently coach the person during
"Now step in the tub."
"Now wash your arm."
2. Put a washcloth or shower head in the
person's hand and cup your hand
over hers, letting her assist
in the movements.
3. Minimize frequency of full baths.
Sponge baths do get the job done.